Translate

Strength and a Conversation

Islam Pura – June 16, 2013

On the way home from Asif Town on the bus a Muslim came and sat down in front of us. Noticing me as a white person, he asked Emmanuel about me. Emmanuel told Him that we had just been to a meeting in a church to preach the Word of God. 

This Muslim saw me as a "man of learning" and told Emmanuel that I needed to read the Koran. He told him that in this Koran I would find the truth. Emmanuel remained silent and did not respond to the man's words. He explained later that to respond to this man's challenge to read the Koran put us in serious risk. If we said anything that cast doubt on what this man said to us in a public bus about the Koran we risked a prison sentence.

We arrived at the evening meeting at 6 p.m. and were given the usual greeting. There were at least 200 people present. I spoke on 2 Chronicles 7:14 for those three sessions. 


Emmanuel was going to give me Monday off but after one of the sessions a man approached him and asked if I could come to speak the next night at a special service they would arrange. Feeling that this was from the Lord we chose to forgo a day off and accept the invitation. 

I returned to my hotel after 11 o'clock quite amazed that the Lord had given me strength on three hours sleep to travel and speak four times that day.